Monday 4 June 2012

Not watching: Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri

I wanted to like this drama. I really did. At first, I thought that Becky was a regular cast member and I thought, that's good, because I'd like to see her have a proper go on a prime time drama. But she was only in the opening episode.

After that disappointment, I kept with it, but the characters didn't seem very well written. There's a sort of love interest, and a sort of brotherly rivalry. The main storyline concerns an inept policeman who is only able to solve crimes thanks to a cat who gives him clues.

But it ultimately suffers from the same problem as ATARU. The crime isn't solved by deduction, but rather by being told the solution from an enigmatic third-party. In ATARU, it's an autistic person. In this show, it's a cat.

And episode three demonstrates this problem. It's the first part of a two-part story, but the only reason it's taking so long to solve is because the cat is sulking. No real detective work is being done at all. This makes it frustrating to watch.

So much so, that I deleted all the episodes before I remembered to take any screenshots. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment